FACTS AND STATS
- 900 Students
- 95% Ave. Daily Attendance
- 100% Graduation Rate
- 100% College Acceptance
- 26 Extracurricular Activities
- 18 Varsity & JV Sports
- 15 Advanced Placement Courses
- 10 Corporate and Institutional Partners
- BioMed Program
- PA Certified Pre-Engineering CTE Program
Carver E&S is a small, magnet high school, striving to attract academically talented, college-bound students from diverse backgrounds. We seek students who have interests in the fields of science, mathematics, engineering, technology, and medicine. We are committed to providing a rigorous curriculum with focus in these areas enriched by related extra-curricular opportunities. Our goals are to prepare our students with the academic and personal skills for collegiate success and to empower our students with the social and leadership skills to be lifelong learners and productive citizens.
POINTS OF PRIDE
- Governors Award for Excellence in Academics
- U S News and World Report Best High Schools
- Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Science Fair Multiple Winners
- MESA Prosthetic Arm Robotics Challenge PA and National
- Computer Science Fair 1st Place
- Mens Volleyball PIAA Dist. 12 AA Playoffs
- Chess Team Multiple Champs.
- Annual College Fair
- Annual Spiritfest Celebration
The School District of Philadelphia, an equal opportunity employer, will not discriminate in employment or education programs or activities, based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, or limited English proficiency. This policy of non-discrimination extends to all other legally protected classifications. Publication of this policy in this document is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Carver E&S and Temple community transformation 2005 - present!
Explore these videos to learn more about our school.
Drone flyover of E&S produced by Charles R. Smith, Jr.
Short documentary about the E&S Gear Girls.
Video produced with U. of P. to profile some students
"Bound" for E&S.
Recent E&S grad talks about his transition to college.
Celebrities talk about the importance of engineering,
science and technology.
What does an Engineer do? What is Engineering?